I am lucky to know a couple of make-up artists who are unbelievably clever at their craft. And while I prefer to leave make-up tips to the pros (like them), I thought I might share with you my go-to routine for simple, light make-up in 5 minutes (or thereabouts).
I don’t often wear make-up at home but if ever I have to head out I like to apply my make-up simply. With the overall objective being a minimal and natural look.
If this is of interest, click on the video below to view. P.s. I apologise now for the close-up, flared nostrils and weird faces I pull during this video and I strongly urge you not to maximise the screen unless you’d like an eyeful!
The products I use to cleanse/moisturise (not shown):
- Rose Cleanser // Janesce (morning and to remove makeup)
- Nourishing skin reviver // Janesce
- Suncare Lotion // Janesce
My light and simple make-up routine (shown):
- Skin Illuminator // Nude by Nature – alternatively I’ll use Beauty Flash Balm // Clarins
- Concealer in Medium // Nude by Nature – if I want more coverage I’ll also use BB Cream at this point // Rimmell 3-in-1
- Mineral loose powder in Medium // Nude by Nature (by the way, it looks like I am using next to none in the video, I just didn’t want to spill it but I use a fair amount just FYI!)
- Powder brush // Nude by Nature
- Brow Kit in Medium // Natio
- Angled eyebrow brush // Farmers
- Brow Gel // Art Deco
- Bronzing Powder // Natio – I use as blush or I will use blush itself
- Brush // Natio
- Million Volume Lashes // L’oreal
- Elizabeth Arden 8 hour lip cream // Farmers (this is just a balm but I do alternate with lippy or gloss)
- I love having cotton tips (buds) on standby to gently tidy up mascara drops or light touch-ups. They are very handy.
All the above products I purchased at Farmers with the exception of Janesce products. NZ stockists for Janesce can be found here.
Looking at the list above, it doesn’t seem simple but this is actually a routine I’ve managed to get down to a cool 5 minutes…